Tentative agreement reached for UCTE members working at NAV CANADA
The NAV CANADA bargaining team is pleased to announce that a tentative agreement has been reached with the employer, securing many improvements for members. The agreement was possible because of the dedication and perseverance of the NAV CANADA bargaining team and members across the country who joined the fight for a fair contract.
All the details about the agreement will be released before a ratification vote is scheduled, but the main highlights of the deal include:
- 3% increase per year for three years (retroactive)
- Provisions for double time for all overtime after working 50 hours at time and a half
- Language protecting member’s ability to telework
- Improvements to bereavement leave, lieu days and many other articles
- No concessions
The bargaining team unanimously recommends the ratification of the tentative agreement.
There are a few more steps to take before the new collective agreement can take effect.
A full explanation of the new agreement, and a copy of the new language, is currently being prepared and will be distributed to members when available. Preparations are also underway for ratification vote meetings throughout the country.
To ensure that you receive all updates and can participate in the ratification process, please ensure that your contact information is up to date.
If you have any questions about the process, please don’t hesitate to contact any member of your bargaining team.
Your bargaining team:
- Suzanne Dupuis, Moncton
- Sean Finnegan, NCR
- Marc Langlois, Montreal
- Michelle Silverwood (Webster), Vancouver
- Michelle Timmerman, Edmonton
- Barry Tchir, UCTE RVP Pacific
- Seth Sazant, PSAC Negotiator