Resources for Locals
Here is a video with information on how UCTE distributes a monthly membership report to local executive members to arm them with the information they need to make their Locals strong.
Shop stewards are an important part of how any union functions. As a shop steward, you are the face of PSAC in the workplace. Whether you are elected or appointed, your role carries many responsibilities.
Guide for local representatives:
Duty to accommodate
The Public Service Alliance of Canada is committed to ensuring that workplaces are equitable and fair. As our communities and workplaces continue to become more diverse, human rights remain essential in providing inclusive representation to our membership. In order to address diversity and inclusion, we must remove the barriers that prevent historically excluded and disadvantaged groups from fully participating in their workplaces and communities.
This Guide is set up as a question and answer document. If you have questions that are not answered in this document, contact your Local or Component for further information.
Disability Insurance: Important Information for PSAC Members
- Often problems related to DI claims can be prevented through counselling provided by your departmental or agency human resources office. You should get most of your information from them.
- PSAC as your union tries to help our members understand the complexities of the Disability Insurance Plan. We also explain who does what in the union, and how to contact them.
- PSAC represents members with DI claims. You do not have to pay union dues while off work on DI.
- The Disability Insurance (DI) Group Policy No. 12500-G between Treasury Board as policy holder and Sun Life explains what is covered. Information is available on the Treasury Board website.
Disability Insurance: Information for PSAC Members
- Am I covered by the Disability Insurance (DI) Plan ?
- How long will benefit payments last?
- How long will it take?
- What do I do if my claim is rejected?
- Coughlin – PSAC Group Life Insurance Plan
Local officer resources:
Guides to help you carry out your important work.