Local 20215 at Prince Rupert Airport Ratifies Collective Agreement
The membership of UCTE Local 20215 has ratified the tentative agreement reached on December 15, 2022. The agreement will expire on December 31, 2025.
The agreement provides for the following increases in the rates of pay:
- January 1, 2022 – 2.00% ⬆
- January 1, 2023 – 3.50% ⬆
- January 1, 2024 – 5.75% ⬆
- January 1, 2025 – 3.25% ⬆
- Standby pay improved from $20 to $35 for each 8 consecutive hours (or portion thereof).
- Training wage premium increased from $0.50/hour to $0.55/hour.
- Legislative updates, including the addition of the Day for Truth and Reconciliation and Family Violence leave.
- Family Leave has been replaced by Personal Wellness and Cultural Leave. The swap provides more flexibility for our members.
- A trial for a new position of Seasonal Employee has been created.
The collective agreement was reached through the hard work and negotiating skills of the members of the bargaining team: Brian des Champ, Cory Hoff, Barry Tchir, and Erna Post. Congratulations!