UCTE wants to help remove obstacles that prevent members from fully taking part in the union’s activities. To that end, UCTE will provide on-site childcare during all UCTE activities (e.g. the Welcome Reception, the Banquet and the Host Night) for those members who bring their children with them. Please complete the attached Request for On-Site Childcare form and return it to the UCTE National Office by June 30, 2023.
Should there be no requests by June 30, 2023, on-site childcare will not be available.
Family Care Policy
The purpose of the Family Care Policy is to help the members cover additional costs that are directly incurred by their taking part in an authorized UCTE activity. This policy is not applicable to those delegates using the on-site childcare.
Family care expenses that will be reimbursed as follows:
- When the care is provided by a person other than an agency/a certified care provider or by the spouse/companion:
- a maximum of $50 per day for the first member of the family;
- a maximum of $30 per day for each additional member of the family;
- a maximum of $30 per night per family member for night-time care.
- If the care is provided by an agency or a certified attendant, the actual costs will be reimbursed.
UCTE will not reimburse family care expenses that would usually be needed if the member were at their place of work or family care services dispensed by a spouse or a companion.
A family care expense claim form is required, together with a receipt. Should you require a form, please contact the UCTE National Office.